Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) collaborates with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) to improve the availability of comprehensive contraceptive care (CCC) in Assam, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal. We work through the public health system in these four states to increase the number of skilled providers trained to offer contraceptive care services (including intrauterine contraceptive devices) and improve access to high-quality, woman-centered services.
IDF’s CCC program strives to:
- Provide safe, high-quality contraception services;
- Offer a basket of contraceptive choices for women that meet their needs at any stage and include contraceptive choices available in public health system;
- Ensure services that are non-coercive and based on the woman’s choice;
- Ensure availability of quality family planning services;
- Address the needs of young women;
- Reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and abortions;
- Be affordable and sustainable to health systems.